Hello beautiful soul,
Today is a solo episode talking about the gift of resistance and how I’ve had to learn (and continue to learn) how to recognize when I’m gripping and attempting to control life and it’s outcomes.
This episode is all about finding more flow in life – personally + professionally
Themes I address in this episode:
- What resistance feels like in life / the energy of pushing, gripping and attempting to control the outcome.
- The sustainablity of pushing forward in life.
- Exploring what flow state feels like and how it shifts the energy and outcome.
- Flow consciousness
- Learning to let go and allowing yourself to surrender to what is.
- Finding the balance between your masculine and feminine energy.
- How to practice being more in flow – especially if achievement and productivity are ways in which you value your worth.
- The role of self awareness – Learning when to pause along the way.
- The role of curiosity – Asking better questions.
- Practicing more moments of flow. What brings you flow?
- Less multitasking
- Less forcing
- Identify the time of day when you are most focused naturally
- Creating recovery time in each day – what to do and why
- One of the benefits of flow consciousness: loss of self-consciousness (self monitoring).
- My experience with Elemental Rhythm breathwork as a way to unburden and stop gripping in life.
[00:04:04] Surrendering to life’s flow, Laura discusses resistance and flow and how to achieve the latter.
[00:09:10] Self-reflection and asking questions helps to understand personal intentions and emotions, leading to personal answers and growth.
[00:15:26] Improve self-awareness to find moments of flow in life.
[00:19:47] Creating space for self-awareness, noticing resistance as a gift, and practicing moments of flow.
[00:23:28] Distraction kills flow, find your most focused time of day to improve flow.
[00:30:00] Stop multitasking, schedule high priority tasks during peak focus times, and prioritize keeping promises to oneself.
[00:39:16] Breath work has brought a sense of flow to my life.
More About Dr. Laura Foster
I have recently opened up some opportunities for women to work 1:1 with me in personal leadership coaching. This year my group program (ROOTS) is on pause … I can feel a deep level of 1:1 work that’s emerging for me and I’m creating as much space as possible for what’s coming through.
RENEW | REWILD | RECALIBRATE – 5 Day Women’s Retreat / Ontario Canada
Registration is open for my 5-Day Women’s Retreat near Kingston, ON, Canada in July 2023. July 28-Aug 1, 2023 [nope, its not the long weekend!]. I am co-creating this retreat with my incredible retreat partner Shirlee Williams. 60% sold out! Don’t wait.
Please share, rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify or wherever you listen to your podcasts. It makes a massive difference in supporting this work and we deeply appreciate it.