Dave Inglis, CEO of Threshold Leadership, joins the podcast to talk with Dr. Laura about the magic of strategic solitude and how we can honor our deep yearning for effortless belonging by paying attention to our non-traditional currencies and asking ourselves the right questions.
Dave talks about his journey into this work and how he is deeply passionate about sharing what he’s learned about success at the intersection between life and business. Through his Strategic Solitude experiences and coaching for individuals, couples, and groups he show leaders how to turn foundational business systems and strategies into deeply transformational personal practices.
Throughout the episode Dave talks about the triple bottom line, how we can start to live our “eclectic millionaire” life now, how to become aware of your triple bottom line, and how all of the best relationships start with the one you have with yourself.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- Dave talks about the turning points in his own intersection of business and family where he shifted his reality and saw a need for creating a strategic solitude experience for leaders.
- Why we need solitude and the magic of getting strategic about when, how, and why we do it.
- How Dave moves through any resistance to change and growth from the executive teams that he works with.
- What a triple bottom line is and how we can expand our vision when we tap into it.
- What it looks like to create space in our life for ceremony for self.
- How there is always a very primitive yearning for this sense of connection and unity.
- Strategic solitude as a homecoming of authenticity; space to be able to come back to and be in the presence of your trustest self.
- The key ingredients behind sustainable and impactful leadership.
- What effortless belonging looks and feels like in both our community and the relationship with ourselves.
- How there are non-traditional currencies in life worth building wealth in and to know with authority, what investments you are making.
- “Once you start to understand how to come back to yourself and meet yourself, I believe you can do that in so many different ways. And it’s really about attuning to the practice.” — Dr. Laura
- “When you raise the bar for yourself, you show other people that it’s possible.” — Dave
- “It’s deeply important to embrace the place of curiosity.” — Dave
- “In my experience, there is always a very primitive yearning for this sense of connection and unity.” – Dave
This quiz will help to reveal your soul-guided sovereign style so that you can harness your feminine spark with more confidence and courage than ever before. The quiz is quick but the results are epic — potent, robust, and exactly what you’ll need to harness your unique feminine style in a way you’ve never done before. Get ready to speak your truth, walk in your fire, and own your gifts like never before.
10-Week Signature Program for Women: ROOTS + The Sisterhood
ROOTS will help you tap into your feminine superpowers and remember who you are, why you are here, and why it matters. This dynamic program walks through intuition, connecting with your inner knowing, healthy boundary-setting, personal core values, finding your voice, speaking your truth, expansion, self-compassion, identity, your future self, and the frequency of your rise. You were never meant to do this alone. Are you ready to do the best work of your life?
Continue On Your Journey:
Dave has taught thousands of leaders the methods and mindsets of innovation and personal transformation at organizations including the Royal Canadian Air Force, Canon, General Motors, Manulife, Wawanesa, the Globe & Mail, Fairfax, Morneau Shepell, and many others. His contagious energy, candor, and vulnerability allow him to connect with the hearts and minds of executive teams and leaders across sectors.
After exiting his first business, Concussion Toolbox, Dave studied entrepreneurship and innovation with Stanford faculty and co-founded Wilfrid Laurier University’s campus-linked accelerator, Laurier LaunchPad. This success led to Dave building the corporate innovation training practice for Canada’s largest innovation center, Communitech, where he worked with executive leaders to commercialize opportunities for innovation and growth and build teams that thrive during digital transformation and benefit from uncertainty.
Today, Dave is CEO of Threshold Leadership. Dave’s one-of-a-kind expertise at the intersection of positive psychology, corporate innovation, and high-performance, guides leaders and teams through Strategic Solitude experiences to grow their health, wealth, and relationships.