This is my holiday episode which happens to be all about quitting … legit. My guest today is Jacqui Acree, a highly sensitive enneagram 8, a self-compassion advocate and an accidental self-help disruptor.
Jacqui and I dive into the concept of quitting, what it means, what it doesn’t and why we are so averse to quitting some things and so apt to quit others. We also question why quitters sometimes win and not the age old adage, ‘winners never quit’.
Through a blend of EFT tapping and parts of self work, Jacqui helps women unlearn old patterns of perfecting, pleasing, proving, and performing so that they can unlock their most authentic self. She’s the founder of Being Human Together, an online course community for highly sensitive women who are waking up to the truth: if being hard on yourself worked, it would have worked by now.
Be sure to check the show notes for the giveaways and links to all her offerings.
In this episode:
- The potentially toxic message of “New Year, New Me”
- Discovering a new way of thinking about quitting.
- How to give yourself permission to quit.
- Trusting intuition versus cognition when it comes to doing what’s right for you.
- Noticing the judgment towards yourself and others when we choose to quit.
- How to continue evolving into your best self, without being too hard on yourself.
- Learning to discern when to quit and when to grit.
- What is a Highly Sensitive person.
- Tips for highly sensitive people – to learn more, check out Elaine Aron.
- Conditioning ourselves to trust ourselves.
- The tool of tapping to process our thoughts of quitting and abundance.
Key Quotes from Jacqui Acree:
- “I think that quitting is a verb, it is not an identity.”
- “I walked around like a disembodied head for the first 4 decades of my life, just thinking my way through things and expecting my body to get on board and follow along.”
- “We are taught that intuition is not a good source of information.”
- “You are allowed to stop.”
- “If being hard on yourself worked, it would have worked a long time ago.”
- Ask yourself, “do I want to quit because this is hard, or do I want to quit because this is wrong?”
- “Do not make your decisions based on the past, make them based on future intentions.”
- “How do you quit when quitting is often judged.”
- “Ask your future self for the now answers. Listen to what that version of you has to say.”
Continue On Your Journey with Dr. Laura Foster:
My gift lies in my ability to tap into what isn’t being said and connect you with your most soulful self. By creating a space that allows you to heal and connect inwards, we can get to the essence of what is holding you back and ensure that what you create is fully aligned with who you are. If you are ready to focus on YOU — in the most genuine and empowered way, schedule your first steps discovery call: https://soulinspiredgurl.com/discovery-call/
April 8-15, 2023: Puerto Vallarta, Mx
Shirlee Williams and I couldn’t be more excited to offer this retreat experience at Xinalani — one of our favorite retreat locations. It’s simply magical. The most beautiful blend of eco, luxe, jungle and ocean. This retreat is a balance between self discovery, yoga, meditation, laughter, mindfulness, adventure, connection and sisterhood. Whether you are choosing to read a book in your hammock while sipping dark roast cinnamon coffee (yes, it’s a thing) or up early to watch the sunrise and walk the beach, this is your time.
We are both personal development coaches who come with different backgrounds – who unite on so many levels in the way we work, teach, practice and lead. We love to co-facilitate retreats and the feedback from prior experiences has been extraordinary and deeply gratifying.
Jacqui Acree: Instagram | Website | Free EFT Tapping Session | Jacqui’s Masterclass: How Self-help is Keeping You Stressed & Stuck AF…and what to do instead
All about Jacqui:
As a highly sensitive enneagram 8, Jacqui is a self-compassion advocate and an accidental self-help disruptor. Through a blend of EFT tapping and parts of self work, Jacqui helps women unlearn old patterns of perfecting, pleasing, proving, and performing so that they can unlock their selfiest self.
She’s the founder of Being Human Together, an online course community for highly sensitive women who are waking up to the truth: if being hard on yourself worked, it would have worked by now.
Sign up for Jacqui’s masterclass “How Self-help is Keeping You Stressed & Stuck AF…and what to do instead” and learn:
– 3 ways you’re being gaslit by self-help
– the 3 practices you need to unlock your selfiest self
– practical application of the class through a guided tapping session – so you take what you learn into your own lived experience
You’ll also get an exclusive invitation to join Jacqui’s signature tapping community, Being Human Together.
This class is on-demand, meaning you can watch on your own time, at your convenience. Get access here: https://masterclassspecialoffer.jacquiacree.com/.