Dr. Laura explores the topic of deep disappointment in this solo episode. She pulls from a recent experience in life that brought up shame and sadness which led her to moments of questioning her own worthiness. Maybe you can relate? She offers this story as a way to share her journey around disappointment and how she approaches her own healing. Dr. Laura gives a few key tools on how to witness the story you are telling yourself about what is causing you shame, reframe it, and see it instead as a gift. She also reminds you that although we each have our own unique experiences, you are not alone in having moments or periods of discomfort, pain, disappointment, and sadness.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- Dr. Laura shares a recent occasion when her life didn’t turn out the way she imagined. She explains the depth of her disappointment around it.
- Making sure she created space to feel what she was feeling so that she could truly heal through what was happening and not bypass the experience.
- We all encounter feelings of shame, no matter how much we’ve grown or ascended in our personal journey.
- The gift of self-compassion is one of the most incredible experiences that you can give yourself. If you’re going to accept the downside of a situation, you need to also accept the gift — even if that place takes some time to get to.
- To move through disappointment, you need to know the story and the meaning you are giving it.
- Dr. Laura talks about how to reframe the data points around what you perceive to be a setback or disappointing event.
- “There is the only way through a process like this and through an experience like this, and it’s to feel your way forward.” — Dr. Laura
- “We don’t see life as it is, we see life as we are.” — Dr. Laura
- “You need to accept the gift of it, too. There is an opportunity in there for you to look and reframe the meaning you are giving it.” — Dr. Laura
- “In the reframing and acknowledgment and understanding, I now have this situation that went for quite a long time in my life that has become my gift. It’s the deep sensitivity I developed.” — Dr. Laura
- “If you’re going to accept the shit of a situation, you need to also accept the gift. This became the way that I reframed the data points.” — Dr. Laura
- “I started to pull on the threads of that reality and reframed a more complete holistic story for myself to create a new reality.” — Dr. Laura
This quiz will help to reveal your soul-guided sovereign style so that you can harness your feminine spark with more confidence and courage than ever before. The quiz is quick but the results are epic — potent, robust, and exactly what you’ll need to harness your unique feminine style in a way you’ve never done before. Get ready to speak your truth, walk in your fire, and own your gifts like never before.
10-Week Signature Program for Women: ROOTS + The Sisterhood
ROOTS will help you tap into your feminine superpowers and remember who you are, why you are here, and why it matters. This dynamic program walks through intuition, connecting with your inner knowing, healthy boundary-setting, personal core values, finding your voice, speaking your truth, expansion, self-compassion, identity, your future self, and the frequency of your rise. You were never meant to do this alone. Are you ready to do the best work of your life?
Continue On Your Journey: