Philip McKernan is an author, speaker, filmmaker, and coach, but he’s more than his titles. Dr. Laura heard Philip speak a few years ago, and the overwhelming vibration of resonance spoke to her so much that she knew she would work with him in some capacity one day – which she has! Philip talks about his Brave Soul program and why he believes the path to a happy and fulfilling life is found in the meaning we drive in life, work, our relationship with others, and the most important relationship of all — the one with oneself. Dr. Laura and Philip talk about what it means to be courageous and embrace your gift, how to step into your artistry, and how our biggest gift is sometimes right next to our deepest wound. Philip shares what it means to him to be brave, and what happens when we embody our gifts in the most meaningful way possible.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- Dr. Laura talks about her own experience seeing Philip speak in a crowd of 3,000 and how it changed the course of her life.
- Philip talks about what bravery and courage mean to him, and how he acts as a facilitator for others to step into their own courage.
- This work isn’t easy, and Philip has his share of people feeling resistance and strong emotions towards him, as they reveal some hard truths that may require them to take a deep look at their life.
- How Philp has learned to sit in the big emotions of others and hold space for them.
- Philip acts as a mirror so others can do the work and have tremendous breakthroughs. He shows up in a way that allows others to be unpolished and vulnerable.
- Philip opens up about his own challenges and vulnerabilities as someone who can channel and facilitate.
- How we can doubt our “gifts” and how those who often most doubt our gifts are the ones that are closest to us. As we lean into our gifts, it can remind others that they are staying the same.
- How talents are different than gift.
- We can often protect ourselves to the point where we die with the greatest expression of our artistry still left in our souls.
- “I’m the father you didn’t have. I’m the job you should have taken. I’m the life you aren’t living.” — Philip
- “I believe we are all artists in a very deep way.” — Philip
- “I think deeply all of us want some type of radical simplicity in our lives.” — Philip
- “Most of us have families that want us to be happy. But most of us have families that don’t want us to change.” – Philip
- “Sometimes the way I play with discovering my gift is by not asking those closest to me, but by asking other people who are further from my inner circle and may simply brush up against me in the work that I do in the world.” — Dr. Laura
- “Gifts always have an element of impact to them in it.” — Philip
- “I don’t think you can fail when you lean into your gift.” — Philip
This quiz will help to reveal your soul-guided sovereign style so that you can harness your feminine spark with more confidence and courage than ever before. The quiz is quick but the results are epic — potent, robust, and exactly what you’ll need to harness your unique feminine style in a way you’ve never done before. Get ready to speak your truth, walk in your fire, and own your gifts like never before.
10-Week Signature Program for Women: ROOTS + The Sisterhood
ROOTS will help you tap into your feminine superpowers and remember who you are, why you are here, and why it matters. This dynamic program walks through intuition, connecting with your inner knowing, healthy boundary-setting, personal core values, finding your voice, speaking your truth, expansion, self-compassion, identity, your future self, and the frequency of your rise. You were never meant to do this alone. Are you ready to do the best work of your life?
Continue On Your Journey:
Philip works with entrepreneurs and business leaders all over the world. When people are seeking clarity about their future or want to move through roadblocks, seen and unseen, they call Philip. As a speaker, he has inspired and challenged the Canadian Olympic Team and The Pentagon to name a few. He is also the founder and is spearheading the One Last Talk™ movement.
He helps people get clear on who they are and where they need to go. He helps them transition in their personal and professional lives so people feel aligned in all areas of life. Philip believes who and what we do “off the ice” has a huge impact on our results “on the ice.” His groundbreaking Team Deepening™ work with organizations gives teams a refreshing way to connect and build real and collective resilience.
What separates Philip from a lot of coaches, speakers, and gurus is originality. He brings new conversations to the table and spends an obscene amount of time thinking and challenging the status quo, instead of simply repackaging business & life-hacking strategies. Philip McKernan is a philosopher, a modern-day philosopher of the human experience. His pioneering philosophy around SoulSet™ equips and empowers people to uncover their gifts and impact the world.
With a knack for getting into all sorts of scenarios — he’s caddied in golf for the President of Ireland, been chased and nearly killed by a bull elephant in Nigeria. and made wine in Australia. He has traveled to 80 countries around the globe, built an orphanage in Peru, written five books despite being dyslexic, and created his first documentary film called Give & Grow. The film explores how the gift of giving makes us feel more worthy and alive. It also explores the science behind the impact of giving on our emotional well-being, our mental health, our physiology, and our businesses.
Philip believes the path to a happy and fulfilling life is found through the meaning we derive in life through the WORK we do, our relationship with OTHERS, and the most important relationship of all, the one with one’s SELF.