Dr. Emma Whelpton is a Doctor of Chiropractic, a breathwork facilitator and a yoga instructor. If I had to sum up this episode, it would be about the unspoken energetics of healing.
Both Dr. Emma and I could come at this topic from the perspective of ‘what are all the things we can do TO the body to initiate healing’, but the real power we each hold is to deeply attune to the strength and wisdom that our bodies already have within – and leverage that.
Dr. Emma shares so many pearls of wisdom in this conversation – not just mindset nuggets, but also practical strategies that you can start to do more of in your life to help shift and change the felt experience in your body.
No one heals you. You heal you – and for most of us, we have yet to establish a conscious relationship with our inside healer.
In this episode:
- Dr. Emma’s divinely guided journey to spirituality and health when she moved from Canada to Alabama at a young age.
- The truth of healing and how it is not simply happening on the physical plane.
- The role that energy has in every aspect of our lives and how you can better attune to what is happening within yourself by establishing a closer relationship with this part of you.
- A mindset shift: small changes are often the most powerful. Not feeling like you need to change ‘everything’ to overhaul your health or make a difference in your body.
- It’s not what you do once – it’s what you do repeatedly that moves the needle. Consistency trumps intensity every day of the week.
- The advice Dr. Emma shares with her patients and clients in practice.
- When a person is in pain, jumping into healing can be difficult and overwhelming. Answering the question, “where do I start?”
- The power of breath and how it can change the tone of the nervous system to a place of enhanced healing and peace.
- Cold plunging: why she dislikes it and why Dr. Emma makes it a part of her routine [BTW … it’s not just about the physiological benefit on the body].
Quotes from Dr. Emma Whelpton:
- “Science is just supporting what yoga has been doing forever.”
- “Healing is more than what shows up on a 1 to 10 pain scale.”
- “Community and support are usually so overlooked when it comes to healing.”
- “The belief that you need something externally to heal internally is wrong.”
- “Consistency trumps intensity.”
- “Every choice that you make leads to a result – good or bad.”
- “We heal through our nervous system.”
- “I put myself in moments of discomfort so in moments of stress I can find comfort.”
- “There is transformation when you get past the discomfort of being in cold water.”
Take Dr. Laura’s Free Quiz! — What’s your Divine Feminine Sovereign Style?
This quiz will help to reveal your soul-guided sovereign style so that you can harness your feminine spark with more confidence and courage than ever before. The quiz is quick but the results are epic — potent, robust, and exactly what you’ll need to harness your unique feminine style in a way you’ve never done before. Get ready to speak your truth, walk in your fire, and own your gifts like never before.
10-Week Signature Program for Women: ROOTS + The Sisterhood
ROOTS will help you tap into your feminine superpowers and remember who you are, why you are here, and why it matters. This dynamic program walks through intuition, connecting with your inner knowing, healthy boundary-setting, personal core values, finding your voice, speaking your truth, expansion, self-compassion, identity, your future self, and the frequency of your rise. You were never meant to do this alone. Are you ready to do the best work of your life?
Sovereignty, Self-Compassion, and Standing In Your Personal Power. It’s time to walk your path. Get on the WAITLIST here for Sept 2022 registration.
Continue On Your Journey:
Dr. Emma’s bio:
Dr. Emma Whelpton is a Doctor of Chiropractic (York Region, Ontario Canada), a breathwork facilitator and certified Yoga Instructor.
Dr. Emma has many offerings including an online yoga + movement platform and a course for women who experience back pain – The Yoga + Method.
Dr. Emma is also a toxic-free advocate, educator, and avid-mover. She wants her patients to move better, breathe deeper and know that you have all the answers within.